In this podcast, I state what I believe are the six most critical leadership traits that anyone in a position of authority needs to master. They can be applied to nearly any circumstance or situation.
To sum up, my six key principles are:
1. Know your job in and out.
2. Lead from the front: put your ass on the line.
3. Do all you ask others to do.
4. Behave appropriately: you are not there to be their buddy, you are there to lead them.
5. Share your knowledge.
6. Know when to draw the sword: sometimes you have to be an enforcer.
This podcast can be heard on Soundcloud, iTunes, YouTube, and Google Play.
Read more in the comprehensive collection of essays, Digest: