Happy Thanksgiving! I hope the next few days will be a time for reflection and relaxation.
And thanks for joining us in our next lecture on Stoic Paradoxes. In this lecture, we discuss some of the most critical doctrines in Stoic ethics:
1. The wise man cannot be deprived of happiness.
2. Nothing can be taken from the wise man.
3. Character and conduct are all-important.
4. Only the wise man can be said to be free.
5. What is freedom?
6. The wise man does nothing under compulsion.
7. Evil men are slaves.
8. Slaves are unable to control their impulses.
This podcast was brought to you by Fortress of the Mind Publications. If you enjoy this series, please also rate me on iTunes, so that others can enjoy it.